The Rosemount 3308 WirelessHART level and interface transmitter:
• Enables easy automation of level monitoring in locations previously inaccessible or too costly
• Allows quick and easy top down installation without wiring, trenching or loop checks
• Reduces field trips through reliability, accuracy and minimal maintenance
• Optimizes tank usage and helps avoid spills by combining proven, world leading Rosemount GWR and Emerson SmartWireless technologies
• Forms a true wireless level monitoring and control solution with the Rosemount 2160 wireless vibrating fork switch
WirelessHART vibrating fork liquid level switch combines Emerson’s wireless expertise with the Rosemount 2100 series vibrating short fork technology. It has all the same features as the wired level switches in the Rosemount 2100 series, but without the complication and cost of wiring. Features include a complete range of process connections, aluminum housing, a choice of wetted parts materials, dry-to-wet and wet-to-dry switching functions, extended fork lengths, and hazardous area approvals.
The Rosemount 2160 continuously performs instrument health diagnostics of the fork and sensor. These diagnostics can detect external damage to the forks, internal damage to the sensor, excessive corrosion and over-temperature. The 2160 can withstand temperatures from -94 °F (-70 °C) up to 500 °F (260 °C) and pressures to 1450 psig (100 bar g).
The Rosemount 2160 wireless vibrating fork liquid level switch extends the full benefits of PlantWeb® to previously inaccessible or uneconomical locations due to the high cost of wiring in a wide variety of challenging applications.
The Rosemount 2160 has been TUV tested and approved for overfill protection according to the German DiBt/ WHG regulations. It is certified under safety devices for tanks and piping related to water pollution control.
Forms a true wireless level monitoring and control solution with the Rosemount 3308 wireless guided wave radar.